DivineX V2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gaming System.

2 posters

Go down

What would you like?

The Gaming System. I_vote_lcap20%The Gaming System. I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
The Gaming System. I_vote_lcap40%The Gaming System. I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
The Gaming System. I_vote_lcap40%The Gaming System. I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
The Gaming System. I_vote_lcap0%The Gaming System. I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

The Gaming System. Empty The Gaming System.

Post  Pax Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Ok, many people may be against this and many for it. I've found in past rsps' and past gaming experiences, that a harder game to play, is a much funner game to play. Been proven on many polls on some gaming community forums. What's the point of playing if no challenge? Well in past rsps' that I have ran and/or coded, i have always done a test for my rsps. Simply changing three factors of the game can make a huge difference. Its obvious that people want to be the top of the top... Shows their skills.... Who doesn't like saying, "Yea I'm the best, got the score, got the rank and got the wealth and levels." Well, if everyone can get 99's in a level in a day if they really tried... Hell, what would be the point? Competition right? So... The most successful server I've ever *played* lasted about 2 years... It was great... 200k registered accounts, 70k registered forum accounts... Pretty good if you ask me... It had one thing that changed my idea of a good rsps'... Well it had competition. And it was BIG! Many account over 1,500 -2,000 hours of game play over 2 year time, still not having everything at max level... May not sound like a lot... But 2 years? Think about it... So what made this? The max level was 250m xp at level 125... WIth faster, but not too fast, Xp... Wanted 125 range? It was the whole, no life 2 weeks and get it... Seems to tough? Thats the point, get the drops quicker, get the pking stats you need.... Now some people think, "Ok, 125 max level? Too high of hits..." Well simple coding solves that! Simply make any area that is a pk area a max of 110 combat stats. Hey, you toke the time to do it? You deserve the hits... Not like its all bad... 125 hp and defence to? Not like its still 99? Well look this isn't 06-07... We have torva and items as such now.... Be a good pker and have no problem... Make the game a challenenge and I guarantee this will last longer... Now make items harder to get, and your good... Make them need to get more kills on arma for an ags, Well that's more time they will spend to get an item they want... why keep killing it if you get the drop first time? No points in bosses now is there? So, reduce the drop rates... Increase the health and damage a bit... Make it, at the least, a 2 person team to kill unless you got those stats! Well that's my main suggestion and i have found for it to work very well in many other servers and im sure it may do the same. Not sure? Let us have you try it for a week... Games are meant for a challenge... Otherwise no one would play. It's not a game if there is no dominant player or winner! So that is my question... Would you guys like to give it a shot? Personally I'm 100% for it. max level 160? Why not? Please post your guys ideas as I'm wanting to know. Thank you. -Pax

Last edited by Pax on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Poll)
Pax
Pax

Back to top Go down

The Gaming System. Empty Re: The Gaming System.

Post  Doctor Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:01 pm

I agree, to a certain extent. Servers like Near-Reality where 99's happen in < 2 mins have no long term appeal. It's fun for a little, then everyone has the same bragging rights, and everyone pk's the exact same way. BORING. I love the idea of bringing the level cap up past the usual 138. That adds a whole new aspect to the game. I even like the idea of slowing exp rates, but here's where the short term appeal comes in. Grinding is a big aspect in any game, that's a given, so it's expected to have to really work and put time into that level. The problem lies in the gap between the ultimate goal of the max level and the current level. If I had to grind on rock crabs to level 130 strength or defense, I would go insane! It might be worth it in the end, but the time it would take would be unbearable. To overcome this, you could add rewards for certain achievements. Like at level 100 strength, one could actually purchase torva legs or whatever, instead of having to gain the proper amount of pk points. It doesn't have to be torva, or level 100, or any of the variables, the point is that there needs to be short term goals for players that aren't just .075% higher hits.

Let me know what you think

~Doctor
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post  Pax Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:03 pm

I completely agree! You should see some stuff in the next coming updates!
Pax
Pax

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:24 pm

I checked out the new updates. They look absolutely incredible! Can't wait to see them in action.
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum